Friday, February 21, 2014

The Great Escape

Turns out Marty has learned how to climb hay bales and escape.
This afternoon I had noticed that the sheep were making all sorts of noises and I could hear MaryEllen from the house.
So I went down to check things out, and I saw MaryEllen and Marty out in the field???
Didn't see Irene, so I went back in the barn and she was still in the lambing pen, shivering and scared and panting and yelling. So I picked her up and re-united her with mom and brother.

I figured out that Marty had jumped over the hay bales to the pen, and then MaryEllen freaked, and jumped out after him, leaving Irene, who is much to small to jump, alone inside the barn.

Everyone is okay now though.
I'll have to keep an eye out for Marty... he's gonna be a troublemaker.


3 comments:

  1. Marty actually looks like mischief in this picture, perfect shot of the two lambs. He is going to be a handful. Are you keeping him to sell to someone for their flock?? Love, Gramma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plans are to sell him as a ram, hopefully someone will want him by June/July. He'd add some nice color to a flock. If he's old enough by May, I might try to have him breed with Pax and Diana, although that is not likely, he'll still be quite young

      Delete
    2. Great idea! He would add lots of color, and produce more little mischief makers! Gramma

      Delete