Sunday, April 13, 2014

Getting a ram in July

WELL
The neighbor I borrowed Duke from has a ram lamb that I think I'm going to buy.
I plan for Duke to breed MaryEllen, Wendy and Pax if she didn't take to Buttercup.
Then I'll return Duke, but keep the ram lamb up through October to breed Irene and my new ewe I'll be getting in May. They'll be 8 months in October and old enough to breed I'd say.
The ram will be 6 months, also old enough.
So it'll work out.

This guy is out of Red and a Katahdin/Dorper ewe.
He was a single at 11 pounds. He doesn't have a lot of color to him, mostly white with a dark nose and a brown-ish tail.
He's a big guy though, and looked a bit better than my other choice, who was a colored ram lamb.

This one is a bit blurry, but here he is

Here's the little guy and his mom.

1 comment:

  1. More cute lambs coming up, for sure! He is a cutie, Lemon Drop?? Did I get that name correct?? Gramma

    ReplyDelete